Monday 4 June 2018

Forgotten

Smell of the iron cell
We know it all too well
Left caged like the wild
Sad inside like a child

Circles we go around
It's like we are stuck in time
The constant sounds of the past
Memories how long will they last

Are we the forgotten
Who even knows we are here
No one wants to know
They are full of fear

Captured for your pleasure
Calling out my name
It's all just routine
Like an animal caught in a snare

Prayers go unanswered
But yet i will say
As day and night passes
All i can do is pray

Time it stands still
Have i fight
Have i will
Paint it leaves the walls
It doesn't even enjoy these halls

Echoes of the lost
The ones who are left behind
Eyes closed shut
Wishing i was blind

As withered fingers
Cover fear
I touch the lines of time
Where once i was so free

There was a space i could be me
Crippled now by this cage
I must do my time
I will leave my memories
On these walls
I am to weak to climb

No comments:

Post a Comment