Thursday 24 November 2011

A piece from my story more to come

There it is a familiar smell always reminds me of nanny’s house lavender as I browse around the shop.  How she loved lavender reminded her of days gone by and now it had me in its grasp memories.  I loved to visit nannies house what little girl doesn’t only thing is my time was precious but I didn’t know sure what do we know at this age all of 3 half years now. Pictures bring her face to my thoughts I could have well forgot what she looked like only for their existence. She wore her silky grey hair to the side in a delicate manner hair clip held it in its place all of one. Her face was the most gentle I have laid my eyes on and her voice was as soft and well spoken for someone of her time. She was wise and caring and there for all that needed her but never for herself, so selfless she put everyone else first herself last. Her apron was a floral design one of many swear they all looked the same to me at this stage.  I never inherited that trait thank god although would save the splashes if I had the sense to wear one. Nanny loved her garden and chickens. She grew primroses and roses they were her pride and joy she tended to them with great care. The chickens daren’t go near the flower garden or granddads vegetables or they would be the meal of the day with no explanations needed. Another smell has driven my senses mad what it is ah as I investigate further apple pie another of nanny’s favourites. This bakery is great may get an apple pie to have with my tea later. Nanny was a great cook and even better at baking a talent not every woman can share or be taught. Her soda bread would drive you mad she would leave it wrapped in a tea towel on the window sill and watch it with a keen eye for any intruders. Granddad would cheer fully whisper to nanny choppers will be at it if she was here. Stop now Tom goes nanny laughing to herself with a giggle. whinzy was a little old lady who lived near by. The lips were always going habit probably but go faster at the sight of food how this entertained us. We would have our own bit of fun got great mileage out of her not that she ever noticed taught something of herself this one she wasn’t long been shown she was just like the rest of us , struggling to get through life like us all . 

No comments:

Post a Comment