Wednesday 5 June 2019

Sylvia Plath




You skin so fair
Your sensuality brings a pause
To a carnival of the fair
Moving around the dance floor
You’re a genius of words
Surrounded by a gallant
Proud shy
Sometimes in despair

Strawberries that may seem bitter
Eyes that light up
In the most
Unusual way
Writing out your soundings
Not always aware of your surroundings

Daddy and the yew tree
You’re  morning song plays out
Your poppies in October
Yew are the most talented poet

In breath I take you in
In words I speak of you
In my strawberry fields
I sentiment your talents

Boston’s daughter
Born to be free
Ariel and the bell jar
Look how far you came
Winning Pulitzer’s prize
How I longed to see
The happiness in those
Amazing captivating eyes

Nothing lives for ever
You do
Your words live on
In our hearts
Your readings are strong

  

No comments:

Post a Comment