Thursday 8 August 2019

Cailin




Red are my knees
Cycling I thought
Was a breeze
No air on my back
Sun piercing my eyesight
Black crows delight

Hungry for my flesh
Waiting for my fall
He will surely eat me
I must not stall

Red juice falls
Off my bottom lip
I slowly wipe
It away
With my finger tip

Enough he shouts
Blows out a whistle
Peeking from the edges
Wild tin whistles

Where is the water
Where is the rain
To end this suffering

This enduring pain

Leaves that shimmer
Slug eaten edges
My transport not far way
I could run through
The hedges

Hide surely I won’t
Be seen
I am a clever
Irish Cailin

Snap he switches on
Eyes and feet latched forward
I chase the breeze
Waving goodbye
His face priceless

Goodbye strawberry fields
I won’t taste your fortune
Harvest you
Neither will I slave away
In sun scorched heat
Burning my soul away

No comments:

Post a Comment