Tuesday 20 March 2012

A BROKEN MAN

Rain is falling Thunder roars through the air Lightning flashes through the sky like a glowing orb Make me feel safe take me from the curb I lay here on the street alone No shelter to cover my tired old soul No home to go to, no place to call my own Give me some hope and prosperity Give me a chance to be who i used to be I haven’t always lived this life I once had a family and a wife But life changes so suddenly I wish i could change the past you see I look on as people pass by No even a hello or a goodbye I'm down in the gutter brushed from society Who wants to know me Who wants to talk to me I see a reflection of myself in a puddle I ask myself how did i get myself into this muddle Given a chance i know i could change That seems so funny seems very strange I want to take charge control of my life I want to be the man i was A father and husband to my wife

No comments:

Post a Comment